Cambridge 1950: Mill Road and Hills Road bridges

Cambridge 1950 home page | legal notice

The Hills Road and Mill Road railway bridges are both fairly narrow. In 1950 the authors proposed that they both be widened, which is perfectly sensible. But the most interesting aspect of this plan was a proposal to build an access road (mainly for the railway station) in the back gardens of the houses on Gwydir Street and Kingston Street. Needless to say that never happened (look at the general development map for an overview of the proposed route).

Cambridge 1950 home page | legal notice