Cambridge 2000: university: Trumpington Street: Departments of Art History and Architecture, Scroope Terrace
|Description: university: Trumpington Street: Departments of Art History and Architecture, Scroope Terrace|
|Date built: 1839|
The department occupies half of a long terrace, the other half
being occupied by
In the late 1950s
designed by Colin St John Wilson was added at the back.
Next to that extension there was a geodesic dome designed by
David Croghan dating from 1958-1962, and very much symbolic of
its era. This was demolished in 2000 and replaced by
temporary accommodation, which itself was replaced in
2006-2007 by a new
by Mole Architects.
In 2006-2008 the department was extensively renovated under
the guidance of
Freeland Rees Roberts.
In particular, the wall at the front was rebuilt in 2007.
Other photographs within 100 m: