Cambridge 2000: Fitzroy Street: Grafton Centre
This is the usual entrance to the Grafton Centre shopping
centre for pedestrians coming from the city centre, and
its small size belies the large complex hiding behind.
These kinds of shopping centres are largely the same all
over the world, and although popular, lack character.
The restaurant at the right, Footlights, closed down in
2009. This was the location of the Eden Baptist Chapel
(1874), which was demolished, with the congregation
relocating to the other end
of Fitzroy Street, when the Grafton Centre was built.
Other photographs within 200 m: