Cambridge 2000: Newmarket Road: former Festival Theatre
|Description: Newmarket Road: former Festival Theatre|
|Date built: c1800|
This was originally called the Barnwell Theatre, and has
also during its time been called the Theatre Royal.
William Wilkins the elder
was the original owner. In 1878 the building became a
Between the Great (First World) War and the Second World War
it was again used as a theatre. In 2000 the building was
owned by the Cambridge Buddhist Centre, who used the theatre
The stage still exists in remarkably good condition.
Other photographs within 100 m: