Cambridge 2000: Gonville and Caius College: Senate House Hill: Cockerell Building
This building originally housed the university library, as
well as the Woodwardian Museum of geology. The latter moved
in 1904, and the university library moved to
in 1934. The building was then occupied by the Seeley History
Faculty Library and the Squire Law Library, which
moved from the
In the late 1960s the History Faculty moved to the
and the law library then took over the entire building.
In 1995 the law library also moved to the
Gonville and Caius took a long (999 year) lease of the
Cockerell Building as part of a deal which also involved
land used for the Law Faculty building. In 1996 the
Cockerell Building became the college library.
Other photographs within 100 m: