Cambridge 2000: Trinity College: Great Court: fountain
A rather bland fountain located at the centre of Great Court. It
was rebuilt in 1715.
The fountain was originally sourced from Trinity Conduit Head, a
Conduit Head Road.
Franciscan Friars laid a pipe from this spring to the city in 1327, but after the
dissolution of the monasteries, Henry VIII assigned the rights to Trinity in 1538.
The pipe currently has a leak with unknown location, and to find and fix it would be
prohibitively expensive, so the water in the fountain now comes from mains supply.
Other photographs within 100 m: