Cambridge 2000: Station Road: Microsoft Research, 21
Microsoft Research was located for more than a decade on the university's
west Cambridge site
but eventually decided that a more central location, right next to the
city's train station, would be better. They occupied the building in
In keeping with the Microsoft brand, on the outside it is
a no-frills box, but at least it has an "excellent" BREEAM rating. This
was one of the first buildings completed as part of the CB1 development.
It replaced the Great Eastern House, a 1956-1957 building by H.H. Powell,
which was a typical office building for its era, as is the Microsoft
building for its era.
Other photographs within 200 m: