home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other

New-York Historical Society, Manhattan, New York City, New York

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 1.1.97
Rating: 1 star
Address: 170 Central Park West
Location: Manhattan, New York City, New York 10024, USA
Lat/Lng: 40.77925, -73.97402
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Tiffany 1893: Not listed
Tiffany 1886: Not listed
Completeness: High
Building status: Extant
Building date:
Architect:
Also of interest: 1908 "Edict of Nantes" window by Mary Tillinghast [NYEP1908]

Site Items

1.1.97.1: Potter Memorial Window: Good Shepherd and Landscape (1909) (Extant) item has a photo
1.1.97.2: landscape (Extant) item has a photo

Item 1.1.97.1

You can click on photo to get the full sized image.
Potter Memorial Window:  Good Shepherd and Landscape
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: High
Memorial name: Potter Memorial Window (Geer Memorial Window)
Theme: Good Shepherd and Landscape [TIFF1910, DUNC1980]
Tiffany 1910: Page 27
Duncan 1980: Page 205
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation:
Record type: Window
Designer: Frederick Wilson [ORG]
Memorial details: Miss Martha Potter [ORG]
Donor: her sister, Mrs. Walter (Potter) Geer [TCCV1909]
Date: Installed in 1909 [TCCV1909]
Size: each of the five panels is 91.4 cm high x 61 cm wide [ORG]
Lancets: each is 1 [PHOTO]
Inscription: none [PHOTO]
Category: Christ the Good Shepherd; Landscape
History: Originally in Stony Wold Sanatorium, Franklin, NY (Lake Kushaqua) (SITE:3.65.1) [ORG]
Installed together in the museum in 2003 [ORG]
Tiffany/Duncan comment: Tiffany 1910 calls this the Geer Memorial Window because Mrs. Geer was the donor [TIFF1910, DUNC1980, DEDUCED]
Comment: The left three of the five panels are on long term loan from the Neustadt Collection [ORG]
The right two of the five panels were a gift to the museum by Dr. Egon Neustadt [ORG]
Same as item: 3.65.1.1
Organisation Id: N84.135, N84.136 (right two panels)

Item 1.1.97.2

You can click on photo to get the full sized image.
landscape
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: Medium
Memorial name:
Description: landscape [ORG]
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation: [ORG]
Record type: Window
Designer:
Memorial details:
Donor:
Date: 1910-1920 [ORG]
Size: 63.5 cm high x 139.7 cm wide [ORG]
Lancets: 1 [PHOTO]
Inscription:
Category: Landscape
Comment: Gift to the museum by Dr. Egon Neustadt [ORG]
Organisation Id: N84.138

References

DEDUCED: Deduced from other information
DUNC1980: Tiffany Windows, Alastair Duncan (1980)
NYEP1908: New York Evening Post (14 Nov 1908, p. 5)
ORG: Organisation
PHOTO: Photo of item
TCCV1909: Three Centuries in Champlain Valley, George Fuller Tuttle (1909, p. 431)
TIFF1886: Announcement in American Architect and Building News, Tiffany Glass Company (1886)
TIFF1893: Chicago Exposition booklet, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1893)
TIFF1897: A List of Windows: And Extracts from Letters & Newspapers, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1897)
TIFF1910: A Partial List of Tiffany Windows, Tiffany Studios (1910)

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other