home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other

Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst, Amherst, Massachusetts

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 21.2.2
Rating: 1 star
Address: 121 North Pleasant Street
Location: Amherst, Massachusetts 01004, USA
Lat/Lng: 42.37742, -72.51952
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Tiffany 1893: Not listed
Tiffany 1886: Not listed
Completeness: High
Building status: Extant
Building date: 1894 [WEB]
Architect:
Also of interest: 1889 triptych by John La Farge originally located in All Souls' Unitarian Church, Roxbury, MA, and installed in Amherst in 1925, and in 2013 sold to William Vareika and then gifted to the McMullen Museum of Art at Boston College [ORG, SDR1925A, SDR1925B, SSR1925, WEB]

Site Items

21.2.2.1: Williams Memorial Window: Angel of Resurrection (1890) (Extant) item has a photo

Item 21.2.2.1

You can click on photo to get the full sized image.
Williams Memorial Window:  Angel of Resurrection
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: High
Memorial name: Williams Memorial Window
Theme: Angel of Resurrection [TIFF1897, TIFF1910, DUNC1980]
Tiffany 1910: Page 63
Duncan 1980: Page 213
Tiffany 1897: Page 40
Signature: not signed [WB2014]
Other documentation: [BDG1890]
Record type: Window
Designer:
Memorial details: Sarah Louisa Frothingham Williams (23 Sep 1851 - 13 Jul 1871) [INSCRIPTION, BDG1890]
Donor: her husband, Henry B. Williams [BDG1890]
Date: Being made ca. Sep 1890 [BDG1890]
Re-dedicated 4 Oct 1925 [SSR1925]
Size: 135" high x 108" wide [WEB]
Lancets: 3 [PHOTO]
Inscription: SEPT 23 1851 // IN MEMORY OF / SARAH LOUISA FROTHINGHAM / WIFE OF / HENRY BIGELOW WILLIAMS // JULY 13 1871 [PHOTO]
Category: Angel of Resurrection
History: Originally located in All Souls' Unitarian Church, Boston, MA (SITE:21.4.4) [ORG]
Removed from there in 1923 [ORG]
Installed in Amherst in 1925 [SDR1925A, SDR1925B, SSR1925, ORG]
Restoration: Restored by Cohoes Design Glass, 2013-2014 [ORG]
Same as item: 21.4.4.1

References

BDG1890: Boston Daily Globe (21 Sep 1890, p. 13)
DUNC1980: Tiffany Windows, Alastair Duncan (1980)
INSCRIPTION: Inscription on item
ORG: Organization
PHOTO: Photo of item
SDR1925A: The Springfield Daily Republican (13 Jan 1925, p. 3)
SDR1925B: The Springfield Daily Republican (20 Jul 1925, p. 4)
SSR1925: The Springfield Sunday Republican (4 Oct 1925, p. 5)
TIFF1886: Announcement in American Architect and Building News, Tiffany Glass Company (6 Feb 1886)
TIFF1893: Chicago Exposition booklet, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1893)
TIFF1897: A List of Windows: And Extracts from Letters & Newspapers, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1897)
TIFF1910: A Partial List of Tiffany Windows, Tiffany Studios (1910)
WB2014: Wayne Boucher, visit to church (20 Jul 2014)
WEB: Some general webpage, e.g. for deducing biographical or genealogical information

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other