home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other

Ella Sharp Museum, Jackson, Michigan

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 23.7.2
Rating: 1 star
Address: 3225 Fourth Street
Location: Jackson, Michigan 49203, USA
Lat/Lng: 42.21446, -84.4171
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Tiffany 1893: Not listed
Tiffany 1886: Not listed
Completeness: Medium
Building status: Extant
Building date:
Architect:
Also of interest:

Site Items

23.7.2.1.a: Salve (Extant)
23.7.2.1.b: Vale (Extant)

Item 23.7.2.1.a

Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: High
Memorial name:
Theme: Salve [INSCRIPTION]
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation: [WOMAN1894]
Record type: Window
Designer: Mary E. McDowell [WOMAN1894]
Memorial details:
Donor:
Date:
Size:
Lancets: 1 [PHOTO]
Inscription: Salve [PHOTO]
Category: Figure
History: Originally located in home of Herbert and Julia Withington on Wildwood Avenue, Jackson, MI, until 1925 when home demolished [ORG]
Moved to home of Captain Sparry Sparks on West Avenue, Jackson, MI, until early 1970s when home demolished [ORG]
Donated to museum in 1971 by Clifford and Harry Sparks [ORG]

Item 23.7.2.1.b

Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: High
Memorial name:
Theme: Vale [INSCRIPTION]
Tiffany 1910: Not listed
Duncan 1980: Not listed
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation: [WOMAN1894]
Record type: Window
Designer: Mary E. McDowell [WOMAN1894]
Memorial details:
Donor:
Date:
Size:
Lancets: 1 [PHOTO]
Inscription: Vale [PHOTO]
Category: Figure
History: Originally located in home of Herbert and Julia Withington on Wildwood Avenue, Jackson, MI, until 1925 when home demolished [ORG]
Moved to home of Captain Sparry Sparks on West Avenue, Jackson, MI, until early 1970s when home demolished [ORG]
Donated to museum in 1971 by Clifford and Harry Sparks [ORG]

References

DUNC1980: Tiffany Windows, Alastair Duncan (1980)
INSCRIPTION: Inscription on item
ORG: Organization
PHOTO: Photo of item
TIFF1886: Announcement in American Architect and Building News, Tiffany Glass Company (6 Feb 1886)
TIFF1893: Chicago Exposition booklet, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1893)
TIFF1897: A List of Windows: And Extracts from Letters & Newspapers, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1897)
TIFF1910: A Partial List of Tiffany Windows, Tiffany Studios (1910)
WOMAN1894: The Woman's Book (1894, Vol. I, p. 19)

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other