home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other

Emmanuel Church, Dublin, New Hampshire

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 29.5.1
Rating: 1 star
Address: 924 Dublin Road
Location: Dublin, New Hampshire 03444, USA
Lat/Lng: 42.90784, -72.06215
Tiffany 1910: Page 80
Duncan 1980: Page 216
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Tiffany 1893: Not listed
Tiffany 1886: Not listed
Completeness: High
Building status: Extant
Building date: 1887-1888 [ARCH2004]
Architect: Robert D. Andrews and Herbert Jacques [CHU1888, ARCH2004]
Also of interest: 1888 Elizabeth Clarke Crowninshield Memorial Window, "Angels of Jesus, Angels of Light, Singing to Welcome the Pilgrims of the Night", by Frederic Crowninshield [CHU1888, HIST1920]
Altar window, "Christ with Children", by Connick [CONN19XX]

Site Items

29.5.1.1: Parsons and Royall Memorial Window: Tree of Life (Extant) item has a photo

Item 29.5.1.1

You can click on the photo to get the full sized image.
Parsons and Royall Memorial Window:  Tree of Life
Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Extant [PHOTO]
Confidence: High
Memorial name: Parsons and Royall Memorial Window
Theme: Tree of Life [TIFF1910, DUNC1980]
Tiffany 1910: Page 80
Duncan 1980: Page 216
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature: TIFFANY STVDIOS / NEW YORK [PHOTO]
signature
Other documentation:
Record type: window
Designer:
Memorial details: Georgiana Parsons, William Parsons, Georgiana B. Parsons, William Bedford Royall (15 Apr 1825 - 13 Dec 1895), Elizabeth Coxe Howell Royall (4 Nov 1827 - 20 Apr 1903) and Rebecca Royall [INSCRIPTION, FINDAGRAVE]
Donor:
Date:
Lancets: 5 [PHOTO]
Inscription: Georgiana Parsons // William Parsons + Georgiana B. Parsons // In Memoriam // William Bedford Royall + Elizabeth Coxe Royall // Rebecca Royall [PHOTO]
Category: Ornamental
Restoration: Restored winter 2001 by Daniel Maher Stained Glass Studio [MAHER2015]
Tiffany/Duncan comment: Tiffany 1910 calls this the Parsons's Memorial Window [TIFF1910, DUNC1980]

References

ARCH2004: New Hampshire Architecture, An Illustrated Guide, Bryant F. Tolles, Jr., with Carolyn K. Tolles (2004, p. 127)
CHU1888: The Churchman (22 Sep 1888, p. 368)
CONN19XX: Connick Associates job sheet 5465 (Undated)
DUNC1980: Tiffany Windows, Alastair Duncan (1980)
FINDAGRAVE: Findagrave.com, for deducing biographical or genealogical information
HIST1920: The History of Dublin, N.H., Rev. Levi W. Leonard and Rev. Josiah L. Seward (1920, p. 330)
INSCRIPTION: Inscription on item
MAHER2015: Daniel Maher Stained Glass Studio website: containing the address by Charles Mason, and the proceedings at the centennial celebration, June 17, 1852, with a register of families (18 Sep 2015)
PHOTO: Photo of item
TIFF1886: Announcement in American Architect and Building News, Tiffany Glass Company (6 Feb 1886)
TIFF1893: Chicago Exposition booklet, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1893)
TIFF1897: A List of Windows: And Extracts from Letters & Newspapers, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1897)
TIFF1910: A Partial List of Tiffany Windows, Tiffany Studios (1910)

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other