home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other

St. Mary's Church, Bethel, Connecticut

Note: the text in the square brackets ([...]) are a short form of references which have been used to deduce the corresponding information.
The meaning of the site and item attributes is explained in the glossary.

Site Id: 8.2.1
Rating: Unrated
Address: 239 Greenwood Avenue
Location: Bethel, Connecticut 06801, USA
Lat/Lng: 41.37237, -73.41936
Tiffany 1910: Page 42
Duncan 1980: Page 208
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Tiffany 1893: Not listed
Tiffany 1886: Not listed
Completeness: Low
Building status: Extant
Building date:
Architect: James Murphy [WIKI]
Comment: Windows in the church replaced in 1932 but it's not clear if that included the Tiffany [HIST1976]
Congregation moved to new building in 1992 [WIKI]
Also of interest:

Site Items

8.2.1.1: O'Connell Memorial Window: Symbols of Sacred Heart (Unknown)

Item 8.2.1.1

Glossary (of terms) and References (as found in square brackets [...])

Status: Unknown
Confidence: Medium
Memorial name: O'Connell Memorial Window
Theme: Symbols of Sacred Heart [TIFF1910, DUNC1980]
Tiffany 1910: Page 42
Duncan 1980: Page 208
Tiffany 1897: Not listed
Signature:
Other documentation:
Record type: Window
Designer:
Memorial details:
Donor:
Date:
Size:
Inscription:
Category: Sacred Heart

References

DUNC1980: Tiffany Windows, Alastair Duncan (1980)
HIST1976: A history of Bethel, 1759-1976, Lewis Goodsell and Laura Goodsell (1976, p. 16)
TIFF1886: Announcement in American Architect and Building News, Tiffany Glass Company (6 Feb 1886)
TIFF1893: Chicago Exposition booklet, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1893)
TIFF1897: A List of Windows: And Extracts from Letters & Newspapers, Tiffany Glass & Decorating Company (1897)
TIFF1910: A Partial List of Tiffany Windows, Tiffany Studios (1910)
WIKI: Wikipedia

home | site | date | map | rating | photo | designer | category | status | confidence | other