Church Glass and Decorating Company Census
Cambridge 2000 home page
This is a project to create a census of Church Glass and Decorating Company "stained glass" windows, mosaics and other glass-related items,
which are located in what could be considered to be publicly viewable buildings, mainly churches.
This includes sites that no longer have any items.
The information is available in various ways:
Church Glass and Decorating Company was founded in 1899 and lasted until 1913.
The founders had mainly worked for Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company, the
most significant being Edward Peck Sperry (1850-1925), Caryl Coleman (1847-1930)
and Russell Sturgis Foot (1868-1924).
The main sources for the compilation are newspaper and journal articles.
Note that this Census is not for the windows that Church Glass installed on behalf of Hardman. Hopefully none of those have been included by mistake.
Current count: number of sites = 60, number of items = 104, number of item photos = 58.
Project last updated: Fri May 8 23:40:32 2026.
If anybody has information to add or correct then please email info[at]cambridge2000.com (replace "[at]" with "@").